If you’re a busy mom like you, you can’t always find the time between chasing toddlers and kitties around to make homemade Christmas goodies. For those of you who can and do, I’m jealous of you! I wanted to share one of my favorite made from a box Christmas Tree cupcake recipes that are sure to impress everyone especially the kids. It’s an easy Christmas cupcake recipe and design that you’ll be proud of when you’re done.
CHRISTMAS TREE CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 Cupcakes
Time: 60 Minutes
1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons milk
White Sugar Sprinkles
Round Colored Sprinkles
Green Food Coloring
- Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
- While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place two cups of white frosting in a piping bag with a round frosting tip. Mix green food coloring in remaining frosting until you reach desired shade of green.
- Place one sugar cone upside down onto each cupcake. Using a butter knife, spread a thin layer of green frosting to completely coat each cone.
- Fill a piping bag with remaining green frosting and use a small closed star frosting tip to make Christmas tree branches. Start at the top and turn the cupcake, continuing adding branches to fill the entire cone.
- Using the white frosting, pipe a thick layer around the bottom of the cone to look like snow.
- Add white sprinkles to the “snow” and add round colored sprinkles to the “tree”.
What is your favorite Christmas treat to make?